6.03.2010

Potty Training, I DO IT (Hold me!)

We've begun potty training in earnest with both fellas. Jameson gets it. I bought him a pack of Pull-ups yesterday (Toy Story - score!) He understands to pull them up/down on his own and he tells me (for the most part) when he needs to go.

I'm pretty sure that Jackson just likes being naked. He'll ask to go potty and then just want to run around with his tushy hanging out. He's gone on the potty twice, but I don't think it was purposeful. We'll keep trying.

Jameson has entered into the, "I DO IT" phase. Oh, joy! I'm happy he wants to do things for himself, but it takes him a half hour to put his slippers on. LOL

Jackson only has a week left of school. This year went so fast! He's not going to understand why he doesn't go anymore. J loves school so much! We'll start summer school two weeks later, so that will help.

Object du Jour: The Phyllis Root library of books. Seriously, the fellas love her books! We've gotten from the library: What Baby Wants, Rattletrap Car, Kiss the Cow and we own One Duck Stuck. I bought Rattletrap Car from Amazon; it's become such a favorite. Her books are full of funny made up words and they often rhyme. Jackson loves this! And what I find even more wonderful, is he is starting to predict lines in the books and says them along with me. I will do whatever it takes to make sure I raise readers that love books as much as I do! So far, so good!

No comments: