10.18.2011

The one where Monkey George gets left at Meatballs.

After J's game a few weeks ago, my brother, his daughter, the boys and I decided to go out to lunch at Noodles and then to Yo Mama for ice cream, then home to watch the Brewer game.  J had a bit of a runny nose, but seemed fine.

We eat lunch, J had a cup and some crackers and decide to walk up the street to the ice cream shop.  As we're walking, J starts coughing and within seconds, he's barking, wheezing and retracting.  I scoop him up and run to my car, toss Jameson's car seat into my brother's car and head to the Chateau.

It was a packed house for a Saturday afternoon.  The ONLY good thing about breathing issues is that we get VIP service to the front of the line. 

We're taken back to a room and a med student comes and asks a bunch of questions.  The nurse comes in and starts to administer the breathing treatment which I mistakenly assume to be a Racemic Epi.  Jackson barks and the nurse says, "Does he have croup?"  I say, "Yes, that's what he's usally dx with when we come in."  The nurse whips off the mask and says that she's giving him the wrong medication based on the med student's dx of asthma.  At least we figured it out early.

This is about the time I realize (or should I say Jackson realizes) MG is not with us.  I didn't remember seeing him in car, so I call my brother and ask him to call the restaurant.  They say the don't have him, but my brother gives them his number in case they find him.

Jackson in hysterics without MG, that he freaks out anytime any of the staff approach him.  The pulse ox and breathing treatment didn't help that.

My brother calls back about 30 minutes later saying the restaurant found MG under the table and they will hold him until we come back.  Hallelujah!

Jackson responds well to the meds, so we don't have to stay overnight.  We hop in the car and head straight back to Noodles and MG is sitting on a shelf behind the counter.  Jackson yells, "Monkey George was waiting for you!"  The look of relief on his face was so sweet.  I tell the cashier, "We're here for the monkey" and he starts to laugh.

We get home and Jameson says, "Did we leave MG at Meatballs, Mom?" 

Alls well that ends well.

Object du Jour:  MG

No comments: