7.22.2013

No archery on the playground!

So, the boys go to summer school.  Jameson is taking an Intro to Kindergarten class and Jackson is just taking the same thing he does every summer, just to keep him from losing skills.

Jackson loves to walk along the side of the building reading all the signs along the side of the school.  "No archery on the playground."  Really?  It's that much of a problem they need a sign?  Anyway, Jackson gets to the door that Jameson goes in and tries to skittle in with the rest of the potential 5Kers and the teacher says to Jackson, "Don't worry, you'll be in Kindergarten soon enough!"  Um, he'll be 9 in a week and in third grade in the fall.   I just see Jackson as Jackson and sometimes forget how the rest of the world sees him.  Most of the kids in Jameson's class are taller than Jackson.

Jackson's new aversion...baths.  He used to love playing in the bath and it was a challenge to get him out.  Now he screams and hits his head saying, "Don't want your hair wet."  Baths are now a quick dunking to get the dirt off and that's it, and even that is a battle.   I'm also not allowed out of his sight.  He follows me from room to room saying, "Mommy, sit on your butt."  In order for him to be content, I have to be on the couch or in the computer chair or he screams and cries and hits his head.  This makes it very challenging to get anything done.  That appointment with psych can't come soon enough.  I just don't know how to handle all of this.  I hate seeing him so worked up, but I can't spend the summer on the couch.

Off to go get them at summer school.

Object du Jour:  A Lego sun roof.  J found a picture of a Lego sun roof while he was Googling Legos and became obsessed.  I ordered some from ebay.  He's been carrying it around and sleeping with it since they day I gave it to him.  Thankfully, there were several in the lot I ordered, so when he eventually loses this one,  (and he will) I have backup.




No comments: