1.08.2015

I'm still here!

Wow.  It's been a really long time.  I find myself spending more time writing on Facebook than I do here.  Let's see what I can remember from the last 6 months...

Jackson turned 10 in July.  I cannot believe that.  I felt like I was going to be pregnant forever and he's 10.  Whoa.

He started 4th grade.  Absolutely loves school, his teachers, his aides and the routine of it all.  He gets his daily schedule every morning on a post-it note that he calls "The Square Schedule."  He lives and breathes that by that thing.

The best thing happened this week:  Jackson got his first every birthday party invite from a peer at school.  It's at a trampoline park.  I'm not sure Jackson will love it, but he's going to go!

No croup episodes (knock wood) so far this Winter.  He's gained 5 pounds due to a formula change, maybe that's it.

I'm continually amazed at how Jackson changes, seemingly daily.  He's been more conversational, more huggy, and more interested in food. I was eating some potato chips and Jackson said, "Jackson wants to eat one."  (He still talks like Bob Dole, I don't know when we're going to shake that.)  But, I was shocked he wanted to eat one.  I gave him a chip, he took a small bite and then asked for a bowl of his own.  We went to Target a few days later and Jackson saw an endcap of the same type of chips we had at home, marched over and threw a bag in the cart and said, "Take it home."  Randy and I looked at each other and then bought the chips.

Jackson has learned to swear, in his own Jackson-y way.  When he gets angry at someone or something, he calls them a Dent.  If Daddy tells him no, he's a Dent, if the TV is too loud, it's a Dent. When he's mad at me, I'm a Pub. No clue where those came from...

Jameson has started first grade, is reading like a pro and missing his two front teeth.  He turned 7 last weekend (again, how the heck did that happen?)  We spent the day in Chicago at the Museum of Science and Industry and went to dinner downtown at the Rainforest Cafe.  Volcano!  In this pic, taken Saturday, he still had both front teeth, yesterday the other one went.  The Tooth Fairy brought him a super sweet Sacagawea golden coin.



In June, we got a new (another) cat, Franklin Thunderberry Boogie Wondercat.  He's a big black fuzzy guy with a white patch on his chest and tip of his tail.  He is the sweetest boy.  Jackson uses him for a pillow.  We all love him to pieces except Dixie.  She's still mad she wasn't consulted on this decision.



That's all I got for now.

Object du Jour:  Frozen waffles, garage remotes and the iPad.

No comments: