8.22.2011

Monkey George is broken.

He's on to us. We have two MGs. We got the second after two ugly episodes. The first was when J threw up on MG and couldn't sleep until he was clean from the dryer. The second was when MG stowed away in the back seat of the car while Daddy was driving to Chicago. That was a rough night. I went to Target and got BUMG (Back up Monkey George).

When MG gets dirty and can pretty much stand up by himself, he gets tossed in the washer and BUMG comes out. J can totally tell the difference between dirty, smelly MG and clean, Downy fresh MG. And, it's not pretty.

For at least an hour after BUMG comes out, he's kicked and thrown around and I'm told over and over that, "MG is broken." He told me this morning, "Don't want MG with a broken mouth." Hmmmm, that's a new one. When I said, "OK, I'll put him away," he immediately said, "I want MG."

So, he's torn. I much prefer fluffy, clean MG, but J prefers stinky, dirty MG. He's currently standing on MG watching Curious George on TV. I guess whatever it takes.

Object du Jour: The new pop sensation: MG and the BLUE harmonica.

No comments: