3.25.2009

We had J's school conference on Monday. Met with the teacher, PT, OT, and ST. Sounds like things are going well at school. Since the class has gotten bigger (it started out with only two kids and is now up to 9), J is hesitant to interact with the other kids. He plays alone quite a bit and "skirts" the outside of the room. I see that at home too sometimes, he'd rather play alone than with Jameson.

We talked about having J participate in summer school again this year. I'm all for it, I think anything that we can do to keep him chugging along is a good thing. We also discussed next year. J is supposed to head into the junior kindergarten with the "typical" 4 yo. I'm concerned about the class size and that J would find it overwhelming and get lost in the shuffle. Sooo, I think what we're going to do is keep J half in EC and half in JK in the mornings. This way, if things get to overwhelming, he can go back to a calmer, familiar environment. We'll gradually increase the time he spends in JK as the year goes on.

Object Du Jour: My scrapbooking punches. Each one has a big and little version of each shape. We punch them out and then talk about which one is big and which one is little. I'm also practicing counting with one to one correspondence with him by counting the shapes we've punched out. He's sorta getting it, but often doesn't go past 3.

No comments: