8.02.2010

Life is dream (and a highway). Sh-boom Sh-boom

J turned 6 last Friday! We gave him his gifts when he woke up in the morning and I honestly think he had no clue what was going on. Jameson got it and wanted to open all the presents. Once Jackson got into opening up his goodies, he was very happy. He got a Chick Hicks hauler, a Cars case for all his cars, a Toy Story alien game and a lunchbox for school. Jameson picked out the lunchbox (Toy Story of course).

Jackson didn't have a birthday cake this year for two reasons. The first is that I couldn't find anywhere to make him a dairy-free cake without the fear of cross-contamination and the second is our stove went Kaplooey (awesome word) and I couldn't bake him one myself. The new one is coming tomorrow. Sooo, I went to Whole Foods and got J his first dairy-free/nut-free chocolate bar. He liked the fact that it broke into rectangles and was willing to hold it and lick it. That's as far as we got, but I'll take it! As for the chocoholic's (me) verdict on the bar: it wasn't half bad. It's the Enjoy Life brand and they make all sorts of things that are free of eggs, dairy, nuts, and gluten.

We've been listening to the Cars soundtrack over and over and over. J tells me daily that, "Life is a dream, sweetheart." So cute! Sh-boom, Sh-boom!

I can't believe how fast this summer has gone! It's August, wow! State Fair aka "Steak Fair" starts Thursday and both boys are very excited to go.

We got his school info for the fall last week. J will spend part time in the special ed class and part time in the regular Kindergarten class. The Kindergarten teacher is male. This will be the first male teacher/therapist he's ever had in his 6 years. He's had male doctors, but doesn't see them weekly, let alone daily. I'm really interested to see how this works for him.

Object du Jour: Anything Chick Hicks or Cars. Toys, movies, music, stickers, whatever he can find.

No comments: