4.21.2009

Catastrophe, Manitoba, Trampoline, Saskatchewan, Ballerina...all words from the mouth of a child who was never supposed to talk. Suck on that nay-sayers!

Banner day in feeding therapy! J ate a Gerber Graduates Turkey pasta thing. I've been working with him on trying a food he doesn't like before he gets a food he does like. His therapist decided to try our method in therapy. The GG is the chunkiest food he's ever been offered. It's got turkey, veggies and pasta in sauce. He actually scooped it up and took bites when prompted to "take a bite of turkey and then you can have some bananas." He would clutch the spoon, shake his fist and growl, "turrrrkkeeeeey." J wasn't happy about it, but he ate several bites. Yay! He's going to be thrilled after my trip to the store later. Not.

On the downside...I'm pretty sure J has lost weight. Sometimes when I pick him up, he feels almost breakable. I think part of it is that he's gained height and not weight (Daddy was wondering where the flood was after he dressed J for school on Monday). He's been so interested in solids and crunchy things that I really have to push him to drink his formula. We've decided to start tubing him again at night and try to up his calorie intake. I'd like to have the pump done by 12 or 1 am, so hopefully, he'll wake up hungry. I don't want to lose the chewing/swallowing skills he's gained thus far, but I can't allow his weight to suffer either. Jameson has his 15 month check-up this week; I think I'll take J along for a weigh-in.

Got a note home from school today that J was refusing to walk up and down stairs, he wanted to crawl instead. It said he cried when pressed to walk. Little stinker. He can totally walk up stairs independently and needs a little standby help for down.

Object du Jour: A Toys R Us catalog that came in the mail today. J just pours over catalogs.

No comments: