12.17.2009

Cash registers and Jello don't mix.

GI follow-up today. We only saw the dietitian and speech therapist. The dr. wasn't on the team today and the behavior psych had an appendicitis and was out for the week. Ouch!

J's weight is 28 lbs, 9 oz and his height is 3 ft, 1". So he's up on both fronts! Yay! No wonder his pants were getting too short. He's currently wearing 4T tops and 3T bottoms (they are adjustable waists and the band is pulled all the way to the end, but hey, the length works well!)

They are pleased with the weight gain and with the increasing variety of foods J accepts. Yesterday, he ate a whole bowl of peas, 4 squares of sweet potatoes and a cup of applesauce in less than 2 hours. Wow! Maybe he's having a growth spurt!

While we were waiting for the staff, J kept asking me where the air conditioner was. I told him probably on the roof. He was in hysterics over the word "roof." He'd say it in different voices and then just crack up.

We've now put J on Prilosec instead of the non-covered Prevacid. Tonight was his first dose. The pharmacy at the hospital is wonderful. The meds are compounded in a big bottle and they gave me a cool adapter so I can put the syringe in the top and draw out what I need. Fancy!

J got his second H1N1 shot at school yesterday. I feel relieved. Hopefully, we won't need to worry the rest of the Winter.

At feeding therapy on Monday, we ran into Santa on the way in. J just about jumped out of his skin. He ran the opposite direction so fast, I don't think his feet touched the ground! Jameson buried his leg in my thigh and wouldn't look. Santa gave them each a jingle bell from his sleigh and off he went. Neither one of them wanted to talk about it when Daddy asked them where they got the bells. lol

J2 brings me the toy cash register today and says, "Money broken." At first I couldn't figure out why the money wasn't coming out of the change chute. It was going in just fine. I flipped it over and figured out the problem. Somehow a huge chunk of finger Jello ended up inside the chute. Hmmmm, I wonder how that happened?

Object du Jour: A little pink rectangle Barbie boom box.

No comments: