12.14.2009

Milk, it does a body...in J's case, no good.

The boys have figured out how to dump the toy buckets and use them as step stools to reach things they shouldn't have. They both like to take things off the counter and sink to pretend to "cook." Jackson grabbed Daddy's empty milk cup from dinner off the counter and took off running with me in hot pursuit. The whole time he was running he had the cup over his mouth blowing raspberries into it. This was all of 12 seconds before I recovered the cup.

Daddy took the boys upstairs to get them ready for bed. He called me up to look at J's face. It was bright red and blotchy on his chin and right cheek. My best guess is that some of the milk left in the bottom of the cup touched his face and he was having a mild reaction. I, of course, start to worry that his tongue is going to swell or his throat will close up. I gave him some Benadryl and watched him sleeping no less than 10 times last night. He's fine this morning. But, I think we've answered the, "Is he still allergic to milk" question.

I think when J's GI panel is drawn in Jan/Feb, I'll have them recheck milk and peanuts and see where he's at.

Speaking of GI, we have a check-up Thursday.

Object du Jour: Still the toy flyers. He especially attached to the Target toy book from a few weeks ago. This poor thing looks like its been through a shredder. J wanted to bathe with it this morning. We had a long philosophical talk about the effects of water on paper.

No comments: