9.03.2009

I had a great day in 4K!



J came out of the school today wearing a big blue paper hat decorated with stickers. Written across the front was, "I had a great day in 4k!" It was so sweet and he was so proud of the hat; I almost cried. His teacher said that he handled the big group well, but needed quite a bit of help to focus on the project and get it done. She said he freaked a bit when they took a group pic of everyone wearing their hats and the class yelled, "Cheese!"

J started school on the first. He's in the PM class with two other kids. The plan is to slowly integrate them in the JK class (there are 24 in there!) and pull them back to the EC classroom when things in the JK class are too overwhelming or if they need a lot of help with an activity. Some "typical" peers may also be brought back to the EC classroom as models. J cried when I dropped him off the first day, but yesterday was much better. His teacher, aide, OT, PT and ST are all still the same, so I think he'll fall into the routine pretty quickly.

Jameson has definitely entered the terrible two's a few months early. The experiences I've had with Jameson at two are worlds apart from Jackson at two. J2 is climbing everything. He hooks his toes on the knobs of the drawers in the kitchen to get on the counter. I put him back in bed after he climbed out of his crib 8 times last night before he finally fell asleep. This morning, after Daddy got him dressed, he climbed back into the tub with Jackson when I turned my back for 3 seconds to get the shampoo for J. This kid is quick and quiet like a Ninja. Peeling wet clothes off of a howling, squirming toddler is great fun. When I reprimand him, he'll either flash that little grin at me or give me his infamous two-eyed wink. This will get easier, right? Right? Because it's getting harder to put things out of the Billy Goat's reach!

I got a copy of the letter that the geneticist sent to our insurance company regarding covering the chromosomal microarray analysis. Hopefully, we'll hear something soon. We'll do the thyroid check at the same time. I'm noticing more mottling on J's legs now that it's chillier outside. Still waiting on the Prevacid determination.

Object du Jour: Lego squares.

No comments: