9.19.2009

It's all about conditioning.

Got a letter from the insurance company saying that "coverage is available" for the microarray testing, so off to Children's we went Friday to do the blood draw for that and the thyroid. He loves running down the skywalk from the parking ramp and labelling all the exit signs.

We got in the lab waiting area and he kept pointing to the door to the office and saying, "Open it, door." When we finally got called back and sat down in the chair, he burst into tears and starting yelling, "Stiiiickers!!" I think he's finally figured out that each visit to Children's no matter what it's for results in a sticker or two. He handled the blood draw like a champ and happily bounded out of the office with a Blue's Clues sticker in one hand and Spiderman in the other. The major trauma was the "Bamdaid" that covered the poke. He made me remove it before we left the parking ramp.

J is on a Playdoh kick. That's all he wants to do lately, so we made a special trip out to go buy some 'doh. When we got to the store, I noticed that all the clearance toys were 20% off, so we also came home with a Handy Manny fix-it radio. The back comes off and there's giant pretend screws that can be "fixed" with the screwdriver that was included in the box. It talks and tells you what part to fix. He loves that thing! He's doing a really nice job of using the screwdriver appropriately and turning it one-handed. I'm going to regret this, aren't I? So, when the time comes that I blog that he's taken the microwave or a lamp apart, you can be the first to say, "I told you so!"

I'm still working on Halloween ideas for the boys. I think J would like to be Handy Manny and J2, Elmo aka Elmie. Although, I'd love to get Jameson into Jackson's old Elvis jumpsuit. How awesome would that be?

Object du Jour: The Handy Manny radio and the Playdoh.

No comments: