1.17.2009

Here's the scene: J2, down for a nap. J1 sitting on the toilet (with the lid closed, he likes to pretend to go potty). I'm picking up toys in the living room. I hear the toilet flush. J1 comes to me and says, "Rectangle remote, water, toilet". Um, yeah. I'm 99% sure the rectangle remote has had an unceremonious burial at sea. He asks me for it occasionally and I say, "Where is it?" He says, very matter of factly, "water, toilet." *sigh*

On the bright side, I can tell the amoxicillin is doing it's job. J is so much better. He's back to his chatty, happy self. On the downside, J2 is now sick. Jameson seems to be bouncing back a lot more quickly though.

Another new J obsession: the "rectangle Ellen". Two of J's loves come together. Jackson has recently noticed that during the Ellen show, there's a blue rectangle in the corner of the screen with her name in it. So, now I get requests to watch "rectangle Ellen" about a hundred times a day.

Object du Jour: I sent Daddy to Joann's, armed with a 50% off coupon to get some new Thomas fleece. The hospitalization made me realize that we need a back up for when the one covered with hospital cooties is in the wash. Daddy came back with the most awesome Thomas fleece. It's a pattern I haven't seen before. I sat and tied it up watching "must see TV". (I feel the need...the need for tweed!) Jackson saw it the next morning and was thrilled!

No comments: