9.29.2009

The Cough

J has had a runny nose the last few days. Last night I heard "The Cough" a few times in the night. Randy is gone, so I spent most of the night laying awake trying to figure out what I would do if we needed to book a night at the Chateau (Children's, but Chateau sounds much fancier, doesn't it?) and what I would do with J2. J is sleeping now, but The Cough is much worse than last night. I went up and watched him for a bit and I'm not hearing/seeing the breathing problems. Randy is on his way home now, so hopefully if we do need to run over and book a room, he'll be back by then. *knock wood* *fingers crossed* all that good stuff.

Object du Jour: The Lego windows and doors. J loves the little Lego doors and windows that open and close. They are fun to play with and as and added bonus, they're rectangular!

What I found most interesting, is I had only given him the bigger parts of the Lego set that were safe for him to play with. I gave him the frames for the door and windows, but not the inside parts because, honestly, they were in a separate bag and I didn't think of it. The rest of the pieces I kept in the closet. I did give him the book that came with the set. He sat pouring over it this afternoon and brought it to me saying, "Need a black door." J actually figured out that the door frame was supposed to have a black door in it just by looking at the catalog. I went into the bag of pieces in the closet and sure enough, there it was. He's been in Lego Heaven ever since. Wow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's cute about the lego door. :)Very smart little boy you got there.

I hope he feels better soon!

(I found your blog through Norrah's blog. I'm a fellow special needs mommy, although we don't have a diagnosis yet. Nice to "meet" you and find your blog!)