9.23.2009

Mad for plaid (and stripes)!

We have pee on the potty! It's not J though, it's Jameson. 21 months and he's getting the potty thing. I bought Jackson a froggy potty that is all one piece. He was getting too obsessed with playing with the parts of the training potty that had a lid and seat like a real toilet. J will sit on the new potty, but hasn't actually gone yet. Jameson knocked J off the potty this afternoon, whipped off his diaper and said, "Pee Pee!" and totally went! We clapped, we sang, we danced, but the big excitement was flushing the "pee pee" in the big potty. Jackson got back on and gave it another go, but nothing. We'll keep trying. I never thought they'd be training at the same time. And I certainly never thought, J2 would get it first. But hey, I would be thrilled with one or both of them out of diapers. I'll have to make a trip to Target and get a second froggy potty.

I had a conference all day today, so Randy got the boys up and going and got J to/from school. I now learned that there's a reason I'm in charge of dressing the boys (and Randy too for that matter). He put both boys in striped polos and plaid shorts of opposing colors. It wouldn't be so bad if they were just hanging around the house, but J went to school like that. I couldn't help but laugh when I got home and saw how they were dressed. Hopefully, they won't inherit their father's fashion sense!

J has been really whiny and demanding lately. But today when Daddy and J2 went on an errand and it was just him and me, we had a blast together. We danced and sang to ELO songs while picking up toys and giggled while repeating each other's words in funny voices. I think he was happy to have undivided attention. I think Randy and I need to make a point of giving each kiddo some time with us alone.

Object du Jour: The Magna Doodle. J would tell me what to draw, so there were lots of microwaves and "rectangle music", which is what he calls the satellite radio.

No comments: