1.21.2010

The Itchy Rock Star

J informed me this morning that he's an "Itchy Rock Star." Alrighty.

Not too much going on around here. I've been joining some local autism groups looking for some parents to chat with. I doubt I'll find too many parents with kids with dual diagnoses, but maybe I'll get lucky. I'm looking for some ideas of ways to handle J's whining and quick escalation of upset. For example, if I don't hop to and fill his cup before the first request is out of his mouth, he's in tears. He often tantrums if I have the nerve to say, "Wait a second and I'll get it." Doesn't matter if I'm up to my elbows in dishwater or changing J2's diaper, he wants it yesterday.

J2 had his two year check up yesterday and his first dentist appointment today. Both went great! I'm so pround of how well he handles himself (when he's not coloring his shoes or the wall with a Sharpie!)

Object du Jour: The JCPenney catalog from Grandma. It has a full page of "Mommy's green iPods." (Randy got me a cool green iPod Nano for Christmas and the boys are obsessed with it!) That page looks like it's been through the washer.

No comments: