2.14.2010

If you like then you shoulda took a bite of it...

I've have now found the best motivator for J to try new/textured foods...Beyonce. He adores the song "Single Ladies." Tonight I told him if he took a bite of his spaghetti (it's Gerber, but it's chunky with noodles in it), I would put on the song for him. He tried a couple fake out bites and I would play a second or two of the song. It went this way for a few minutes and finally he took a bite and got to listen to more of the song. Finally it got to the point where he was chowing on the spaghetti and boppin' along to the music. I'm just happy he's eating and trying new things. And if it takes 5 rounds of "Single Ladies" to get there, I'm all for it. I'll never get the song out of my head, but hey, it's worth it! (Lame post title I know. That's all I got.)

We went to a birthday party for J's cousin yesterday at an indoor playground. I got there a little early to let J acclimate to the new environment. He did ok until more people started to arrive. Then he walked around with his fingers in his ears. He eventually started to cry and kept running out of the main room. Thank goodness the boys' cousin was there, he took Jameson around and helped him on the climbing structures while I held J.

The first pic is J closing out the noise at the party, the second pic is J imitating the cat stretching in the sunshine, and the 3rd pic is J with his boatload of Valentines and treats from his school party.

The last pic requires a little more explanation. J loves the way light shines through things. On the bottom is a light up aquarium from Aunt Donna. J placed the Elmo microwave on top to see the light shine through and tossed in the kitchen timer for added measure. He put different things in/out of the microwave for a long time. Interesting to see how his mind works.

Object du Jour: J is loving his Handy Manny phone.

No comments: