3.11.2010

Apple seriously needs to look into making an Ellen iPod.

We had J's 3 year update IEP meeting yesterday. I was very pleased with what everyone had to say about him (man, they all know him backward and forward!) The plan will be to have him go to summer school for education and speech and then stay at his current school next year for 5K and Spec Ed plus therapies. I really wanted to keep him where he is now and luckily everyone (all 12 of them, nope not intimidating at all!) agreed. He will be in school all day, which means lunch and recess and he will also get adaptive PE.

Sadly, his speech therapist is retiring and he'll have someone new next year. That's really a bummer because he talks about her a lot and she celebrates J's achievements just as much as I do. We'll really miss her.

I found out at the meeting that J actually has a few little friends in the JK class. It makes me so happy to hear that! There's Catherine, who was the peer in his class last year and I think J is crushing on her a little, Aidan, who he's known his whole time in EC, Victoria, who greeted J today when we got to school and Christian, who thinks coconuts are just as funny as J does. His teacher told me that the kids are all very careful and protective with J and slow down on the stairs when he's on them. I hope it stays this way and no one ends up being mean to him because he's different.

Allergy clinic visit today. Saw the new dr., she seems nice, but was in/out very quickly. Our old allergist moved back to Israel. We really liked him and I was sad to see him go. The plan is do another RAST for milk and peanuts and if, by chance, the peanut comes back negative, we'll do the skin test just to make sure. I'm going to hold onto the script and have the blood draw done when they do his GI panel; I want to minimize the sticks as much as possible.

GI/Feeding Team next week. According to the scale at Allergy, J is 29 lbs, 2 oz, so he's gained back what he lost when he was sick and then some. Hopefully he break 30 lbs soon!

J has been much more interested in food lately. He absolutely loves these Veggie Stick things that are a baked crunchy snack made out of vegetables. Between J and J2 (and maybe I helped a little) the bag is almost gone already!

Object du Jour: The Ellen "iPod." The resident asked J was he was holding and he said, "Ellen, Ellen, Ellen." I told her it was an Ellen DeGeneres iPod and she just gave me an odd look and went back to asking milk related questions.

No comments: