3.17.2010

Happy St. Paddy's!!

I have both boys dressed in green to celebrate their 1/4 Irishness! He was yelling "Uff Da" this morning in his green shirt; I guess to celebrate his 1/2 Norwegianness! Green is totally J's color. I didn't realize it at the time, but I dressed in him green for all 3 of his school portraits.

Jackson has just been amazing me with his language lately! He was sitting at dinner last night and he said, "Mommy, come over here." I know, it doesn't sound like much, but a whole appropriate sentence with perfect eye contact!

Eating has been going well! He tried a Beech Nut puree last night of sweet corn and rice. I mixed in some sweet potatoes to make it a little more familiar to J and he ate two jars! As I'm typing this he's standing here munching on "french fries" aka Veggie Stix. He still prefers dry and crunchy over everything else, but we're going to keep working on it!

Stopped at the health food store last night after hearing that there's such a thing as "dairy-free" mac and cheese in the frozen section. They didn't have any, but I did find a boxed dairy-free
mac and cheese to try. Hopefully, J will like it. I'm on a mission to find foods that J can eat for lunches next year that will not look too odd to the kids around him.

Just rambling today, I'm sure I'll more to say tomorrow after the GI visit.

Object du Jour: The Ellen and Elvis iPods. Good thing they're easily replaceable, J loves to chew on them. Sorry about the lack of pictures lately, the camera charger is MIA.

No comments: