3.26.2010

Don't snoozie or you'll miss the newsie!

J started saying that yesterday. He thinks it's hysterical!

The doctor from the allergy clinic called today. No change in milk or peanut, so he's still allergic. She did say that the data on milk is older and there's a slim chance he could outgrow it by age 12. Peanut is probably lifelong. Peanuts are pretty easy to avoid for the most part. I would love to see him outgrow milk, as that would open up so many more foods to him. I guess we just wait and see.

J is "Star of the Week" next week in JK. He also has to bring snack, so "French Fries" for everyone!

J's new food: toast. He's fascinated by it. I made him a slice yesterday and he told me he needed "jelly" aka Sunbutter on it because that's what I was having. I put a thin layer on the toast and he nibbled a bit on it and didn't seemed bothered by the Sunbutter. Yay!

Going to bed has been really rough for J the last few weeks. He asks nightly to sleep in our bed. He starts out in his bed and one night we found him asleep on our floor and another night asleep in our bed. I'm not sure what the issue is; I wish he could tell us more. Nights when he's on the pump aren't a problem; he knows he can't get out of bed.

At school, J now has an "iPod." His teacher made a iPod that has changeable pictures from the PECS program that show J where he's supposed to go. When I drop him off at school, she hands him the iPod with a picture of the classroom and he goes straight there. She said so far it's been helpful at keeping him focused on where he's supposed to going or what he's supposed to be doing with minimal distractions. Hopefully, it continues! Clever idea!

Tomorrow we're going to attempt an Easter Egg Hunt with the fellas. I know J2 will love it, we'll see how it goes with J.

Object du Jour: "Mommy's Book" J's speech therapist made him a book last year of different rooms in a house with objects labelled. Jackson has really been obsessing over this lately. He calls it Mommy's book, but I have no clue why.

No comments: