4.28.2010

If you go to Carget for Elmo soap, don't forget your legs.

We've been trying to give J a variety of sensory experiences to help him integrate his environment better. An OT suggested we let him play with funny foam in the tub. He absolutely hates it. If it floats near him, he starts to panic. J2 (naturally) loves it. They take baths together, so it's a bit of a challenge.

J2 asked for some "Elmo foam" yesterday in the tub (Elmo is on the can). I squirted the can and it was empty. J2 said, "Go Carget, get Elmo foam. Take Jackson and legs with." I'm happy he remembered his legs and his brother!

J has just been pouring over picture books lately. It's interesting to see what he zeros in on in pics. He sees things I didn't even notice were there. His favorite picture (lately) is on of me sitting on the couch holding a very newborn J2. He has titled this great work of photogeraphic ('member Bozo?) art, "Watch the news." I must watch a lot of news. LOL

I think I posted a few weeks ago (and frankly I'm too lazy to look) about J's teacher using a paper iPod with changeable pics on the screen of what J should be doing next. When she comes to get him from me when I drop him off, the iPod has a pic of the classroom on it. She told me yesterday that he responds so much more readily to the pics on the iPod than to verbal directions. She can repeat a directive several times and he won't move, but she shows him the iPod and he's on his way. I've always thought that J was much more visual than auditory. I guess this proves it!

J has started calling the Banker's lamp on my computer desk, "Elvis." Hmmm.

Object du Jour: The photo books and the letter X.

No comments: