5.08.2010

Can I get a do-over?

This has been a really long week...

My car died at J's school and the custodian had to come out and give me a jump. He really was not happy to do so. I'm pretty sure I need a new battery.

Then, we finally go out and get a new gas grill. Menard's had an awesome one on sale. We pick it up, take it home, Randy starts putting it together and we realize, it's the wrong grill. Gah! He talks to the manager who said they can only take it back if it's fully assembled. So, poor Randy had to spend the evening fighting with a grill we weren't even going to keep. We have the right one now (which is still sitting in the box!)

Then, the water heater died. I'm never, ever going to take hot water for granted again. I had to boil water to wash dishes and we ended up giving the boys baths in the sink with boiled water. But, the new one is now in and working. I just had the best bath of my life!

Then, last night I notice that the cat bite on Jameson's calf from earlier in the week has a lovely 3" red ring around it. I called the ped last night who told me to bring him in today. Yep, infection city. Now he's got a 10 day course of augmentin. His first prescription ever. If it doesn't work or gets worse, we go back in. Word of warning: If you ever visit my house, do not make eye contact or even think about the cat. She's just kind enough to let us live here.

Then, I show up for my haircut this morning and my stylist tells me that I wasn't on the schedule for today. She was in the middle of another haircut when I got there. Seriously? It's on my Google calendar, which I live and breathe by. She said she saw me on a few days ago, but then it was gone and thought I had canceled. Nope, not me. She's so darn wonderful that the squeezed me in anyway. I adore her. If you live near me and need a stylist, drop me a note. She thinks what happened is someone with a similar name canceled and they took me off by mistake.
On a happy note: We'll be telling Jackson's story on the radio on the Children's Miracle Marathon for Children's Hospital at the end of the month. Very exciting!

Object du Jour: A plastic letter X, occasionally known as the "criss cross" and the Dr. Seuss ABC book. He's sleeping with both now.

No comments: