8.16.2011

Announcing the newest member of the Crew....

Jackson! We went to the Miracle League field tonight to check it out and pick up J's uniform.

He was acting really squirrely in the car and I think it's because he knew we were going somewhere for him, but he didn't know what to expect. He kept covering his face with Monkey George and asking me to play "AAA" on "Mommy's Green iPod" over and over. (AAA is Vampire Weekend's song "A-Punk, I'm pretty sure he's into it strictly for the alphabet reference.)

We got to the field and checked-in. Jackson was given a Brewers jersey (#3 Betancourt) and a hat. The bigger kids got Phillies jerseys. Nothing against Philly, but I'm glad J's a peanut! ;)

The kids got to run around the bases, which J loved! He kept yelling, "Run the bases, tag up!" He stepped back and watched the other kids, most were wearing their jerseys, and said, "Want to wear the shirt." I put his shirt and hat on him and off he went. That gave my heart a little squeeze! He looked like such a big boy!

There is such a wide range of abilities in the kids. Some have walkers, some wheelchairs, some walk independently. I can't wait to get started; they were all so excited to be on the field!

The director gave a little speech thanking everyone for coming and Jackson is yelling, "Want to have the microphone!" People around us were giggling. Only my kid.

Go Crew (big and little!)

Object du Jour: I cleaned out an air vent today. I found: a crayon, a penny, the letter x, a peg for the pegboard, 8 Fisher Price apples for the town, the plug for the piggy bank and a Matchbox car. All because J screamed need the X for a half and hour until I finally figured out what and where he was talking about. Good Times.


No comments: