8.12.2011

Cover the shylish!!

OK. This refusing to eat if my mole, scar or shylish (toe nail polish) is getting out of control, so I called the feeding team's Behavioral Psych for backup. He told me to give him 15 minutes to eat or be fed and if he continues to refuse he's done until the next meal. Oh, boy. This could get ugly.

Jackson is a grazer. He will munch on things all day long, but never really finish anything. This isn't helping him with his weight at all. So, I also talked to the BP about getting some menu planning going. I need help to plan meals for him that meet his caloric and nutritional needs as well as his pickiness. I need a schedule. I just need help. So, he's going to put Jackson on the team meeting schedule for Tuesday and then he'll call with some ideas.

G-tube update. I asked the VNA if there was anything other brands I could try, nope. So, she said I could try MIC-key extensions, instead of AMT extensions with my Tuesday delivery. No leaks or disconnects all three nights since we got them. Hmmmm. I don't understand why we can have the MIC-key extensions, but not the button. At least we had a pretty dry week, I'll take it! I found out what AMT stands for: A Mess Tonight! Thanks for the laugh Debbie! I needed it!

Next week, Jackson will be starting baseball with the Miracle League. It's a baseball league for kids 4-18 with disabilities. The field is rubberized for safety. Each kid gets a buddy that helps them bat, field and navigate the bases. I can't wait for him to start. My guess is that he's not going to be happy for the first few games, but I really hope he ends up liking it!

Object du Jour: A bag of clothespins from Ikea. You can clip 'em to anything! Good times.

No comments: