8.22.2009

Check Ups!

The boys had their annual check-ups last week. J is 28 lbs and 36 3/4" and Jameson is 24 lbs and 34". J2 is catching up quick! They are wearing the same clothes for the most part, J's feet are one size bigger. My twins! lol

I chatted with the dr. about the swine flu vaccine. She thinks J should get that and regular flu vaccine. New vaccines make me nervous, but with J's history of landing in the hospital with every respiratory bug he gets, I don't want to take any chances. Plus, with the larger class size this Fall, I'm sure he's going to be exposed to all kinds of fun stuff.

Monday, we are heading to South Dakota for the week. We're going to do as much touristy stuff as we can find! Our last big trip before school starts Sept 1st. Where did summer go? It's so chilly today, it feels like Fall!

The quest for the Elmie fleece (or heck, just a pre-made Elmo throw) continues. I never thought I would have so much trouble finding something. I've tried Walmart, Kohl's, Target, JC Penney, Sears, Joann's, Hancock, and Google. I did find a 4 pc PJ set at Kohl's for 12.00, so I snapped that up. Anyone have any suggestions?

Little update on the med mess. I finally talked to the GI nurse. She said she had the same go-round with another family's insurance. The one med on the list of 4 that our insurance will pay for that could possibly work is no longer being made by the manufacturer. Wheee! So, we will go forward with sending in the appeal letter, with this new tidbit of info added. The nurse said that we may want to do the GI probe as additional proof that J needs this medication. For now, the plan is to send in the letter of appeal and meet with GI the second week of Sept to discuss our options.

Object du Jour: One of my make-up brushes. I found J brushing the cat with it. Ew, they can have it.

No comments: