8.30.2009

South Dakota!

We're currently driving home from a night at Grandma and Grandpa's and we'll be in our own beds shortly! Yay! Isn't technology great that I can blog from the car?

Monday we went to Sioux City.

Tuesday: Wall Drug, The Badlands and The Corn Palace.

Wednesday: Mount Rushmore, Deadwood and Sturgis. We also drive through the wildlife trail in the Black Hills park and saw Buffalo, Prairie Dogs, Deer and some other horned creature that I had never seen before. The donkeys walk up and stick their faces right in car looking for food. I screamed like a little girl. lol

Thursday: Custer to Bedrock City and a quick look at Crazy Horse. Back to Deadwood and Lead to see the Presidential Park.

Friday: up to Wyoming to see Devil's Tower, then back to the hotel to play at the waterpark.

Whew! We got a lot done in a short time! I was so impressed with how well the boys handled the car rides and all the new stuff. They both HATED the T-Rex at Wall Drug. Jameson was impressing the Amish with his dance moves there though.

Jackson was hesitant at the waterpark at first, but then had a blast! I can't tell you how thrilled I was with how well he handled all the sounds and changes!

I'll post pics when we get home. Those of you who are my Facebook friends can see some of pics there.

Object du Jour: Grandma's fake light-up candles. He loves those things!

No comments: