8.12.2009

Elmo says, "What?"

Jackson brought the stuffed Elmo to me this morning, pointed to his head and said, "No ears." Amazing that he noticed that.

*sigh* Here we go again with Walgreens, insurance and drugs. Will I never learn? Turns out Walgreens has not been billing for J's Prevacid correctly over the last 8 (!) months. Our insurance doesn't cover Prevacid and it's 185.00 a month. Ouch. The 4 medications for reflux they do cover are adult meds and J can't swallow a pill. According to our ped, they are not good drugs to try to dissolve to put through the tube. Sooo, now I have to write an appeal letter and try to get the meds covered. Fun stuff! Our ped has been wonderful in helping us try to navigate this maze.

J was off the meds for 4 days because we didn't have any. The poor kid was crying last night saying, "belly itchy." I found two pills in his overnight bag and the ped is going to get us some samples to tide us over until we can get this mess straightened out.

The ped also said that in a note from the GI dr, it was mentioned that GI wanted to do a PH Probe on J to see what the levels of acidity in his stomach are. I guess depending on the levels, there could be concern for the erosion to turn cancerous later in life. This was never brought up to me before, so I asked what the test entails. Basically, they would put a probe in his nose down into his belly and leave it there for 23 hours. We'd have to stay in the hospital overnight. I have a feeling if we have to do this, it will be the longest 23 hours of my life. I have a call into GI to see what she says.

Daddy is taking J to dental clinic today. He's better at holding him down than I am. Hopefully, all will go well and they will both make it out OK with a new toothbrush and sticker.

Object du Jour: A magnet from the fridge that has smiley faces with different expressions. There's one with wide eyes, mouth open and hair sticking up. Jackson calls this one, "Too loud." lol

No comments: