2.28.2009


Yesterday, Jackson brought home from school a frosted blueberry muffin with a candle in it for Elmo's birthday. I took it out of his backpack and asked him to tell me about it. He kept focusing on the candle and said, "turn it on", over and over. I told him I couldn't turn it on and he looked at me puzzled and yelled, "plug it in!" I laughed so hard! I'm always amazed at the connections he makes!

He and Jameson had a great day together. (Yes, they still fight, but they're brothers, what are ya gonna do?) But, they played and giggled together. Jameson walked into the room, Jackson patted him on the head and said, "Hi Jafeson!" and walked out. Wow. Jackson also gave Jameson a hug spontaneously today. Maybe it's OK that we keep "Jafeson" around for awhile.
Jameson is picking up words fast and furious. Yesterday, he was chasing the cat yelling, "titty!" at the top of his lungs. *ahem* I'm also starting to hear him trying to put two words together. I hear "all done" and today in the bathtub, after I told him over and over and over, I heard "sit down!" I love his little voice.

Object du Jour: "Jackson's Orange Book" J brought home a big/little book that he made in speech. One page has "big" Elmo and the opposite page has "little" Elmo, it continues with Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Bert, etc. He loves looking through it and talking about the pictures.

The above pic is from Jackson's Fall Party last fall at school. He just dug out that pumpkin and has been carrying it around the last few days. Although, now it's missing the K and the N. Don't you love the squirrel pelt hat? (Disclaimer: no actual squirrels were harmed in the making of this hat.)

Tracy, if you read this...I'm a dork that can't read!
ETA: Aaaaand, now I'm a dork who forgets that she knows more than one Tracy. The above message is for the meeting that was Tuesday, that I showed up for on Wed. Yep, I'm still a dork.

No comments: