10.21.2009

Rocks and Gingerbread Men

I joined a new Mom's group today on the recommendation of a friend. They were having a scavenger hunt with their kids, so I tagged along with Pete and Repete. We walked through the woods to find pumpkins, gourds, leaves, acorns, apples and harvest corn. Jameson had a blast. He carried his "punkie" under one arm while trying to gather up more stuff. Jackson wanted to get back in the car. When we went inside to play, Jackson wandered around and played with toys and would watch the other kids, but didn't try to interact. Jameson was really intent on watching what the other kids were doing. He and a little girl had a tea party and they poured and stirred and cooked together. It was really cool to see him interacting with a kiddo who played back. I think this group is going to be good for all of us!

J's favorite place lately is "Best Buy's house." We were looking for a new cell phone for me since J sucked on mine (again!) and ruined it. This is the second phone he's killed. He and J2 had so much fun looking at all the sample phones and trying out the Rock Band game and the Wii. I guess Best Buy's Wii is much more fun than the one we have at home! But, I now finally have a new cell with the same number (In case anyone wants to call me!)

J broke his glasses yesterday! Gah! So, I called Children's where we see the dr. he used to see in Mequon. They can't help me because, even though he's had his exams there, the prescription is from the other clinic. The Mequon clinic can't help me because he hasn't been seen there since '08. Clear as mud, right? So, the receptionist in Mequon is going to talk to the dr. and let me know what she says. http://miraflex.info/ I want to get him some of these because they are bendy and unbreakable. As an added bonus, they have rectangle frames! Woo Hoo!

Here's where I get sappy and philosophical: I read an article written by a SN mom a few years back. It was about how the people in your life, once you announce your child has SN, either become rocks or Gingerbread Men. The rocks are there for you through everything and the Gingerbread Men run, run as fast as they can away from anything having to do with your SN child. I was just thinking about my rocks and Gingerbread Men. And the Gingerbread Men weren't necessarily who I thought they would be once I started talked to people openly about J. So, to my rocks, Jenny, Jodi, Lisa and Melissa, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for listening to me and supporting me (and for all the drinks!) You gals rock! (Aaaand, now I want Gingerbread.)

Object du Jour: A cool laptop at our friend's house today. J had a lot of fun typing e-mails to Daddy in Chicago!

No comments: