11.04.2009

Cindy C, Claudia S and J

They've all been photographed by Rick Guidotti! Today was the photo shoot. It was really fun and exciting. There were about 20 kids and they were divided in groups of kids over/under 12. J sat at a table creating a masterpiece of crayon, paint, marker, glitter glue, and foam stickers while Rick took his picture. The kids were taken individually over to the window where more pictures were taken.

Rick had such an amazing rapport with the kids. He started to make funny noises while photographing J and J went into his adorable maniacal little giggle. I was amazed how quickly J warmed up. Got to see some of the pics on the camera, they look beautiful!

There was a little girl with long gorgeous wavy brown hair. A fan was brought in a make her hair blow around (very high fashion!) She kept running her hands through her hair and saying, "Wooooo!" So stinkin' cute! As J watched this, he leaned over to me and asked, "Fan blow Jackson's hair?" Not that J has a ton of hair to blow around!

Check out Rick's site and see all the wonderful work he does to show the beauty of kids with special needs. http://www.positiveexposure.org/

Object du Jour: A tiny pink camera I found in the Christmas decorations (yes, I'm getting out the Christmas decorations). I have no clue where it came from. There's a little wheel on the bottom that turns and inside is pictures of some odd cartoon cat. J's been obsessed with it the last few days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I looked at that link when you first posted it. It's such a great thing that person is doing. I was really touched and shared it with others. It's great that Jackson had this opportunity. I'm looking forward to seeing those photos!

Maybe if we ever get a diagnosis for my daughter, I'll ask you how I can get a photo shoot for her as well. :)