11.16.2009

Happy. Birthday. To. Yoooouuuu.

We went to a cool place yesterday for a friend's birthday party. It's an awesome indoor playground. I wasn't sure how J would do, but once we let him check the place out for a few minutes, he loved it! Jameson had a blast the second he stepped foot in the door. There's a giant play structure with slides, a smaller little kid friendly play structure, baby toys, bikes, balls and basketball hoops. I think it helped that aside from kid noises it was quiet and we had the whole place to ourselves.

We all sang to the birthday girl and then sat down to have cake. J sat down with his juice box and quietly sang, "Happy Birthday. To. Yoooou. Happy Birthday. To. Yoooou." I've never heard him sing like that before. Randy and I just stared at each other with our jaws hanging open. He looked at us like, "What? I'm singing here."

J is also back to Blue's Clues car wash. We lost the episode we had saved when the DVR died. The new DVR was set to record BC and found the car wash show. "I'm waterrrrrrr and I'm soap. And I'm a car, car, car!" I'm pretty sure I can hear Patti LaBelle wailing, "Boogie in the baaaaack seat!" in my sleep.

Object du Jour: Pictures! J has been obsessed with little albums of family photos. It's not the people that interest him, it's the stuff in the background or the block he's holding or the square light above the garage...

No comments: