11.30.2009

Turkey Day, Elmie and Grandma and Grandpa's House

Whew. Long weekend. We crammed in as much as we possibly could!

On Thanksgiving, we went down to a resort near my hometown to have brunch with my family. The resort is decorated to the hilt every year. Last year, it was a Peanuts theme. This year, it was storybook characters like Wizard of Oz, Cinderella and Alice in Wonderland. The boys loved looking at the houses in the Gingerbread contest. My niece was so enamoured with them that she wants to make one next time she comes to my house. I'm going to head out this week and see what kind of kits are out there.

On Friday, Jameson and I went to Elmo Live with my niece, her husband and their two kids. The kids had a blast watching the characters singing and dancing. Jameson was hypnotized through the whole thing (see last pic above). J2 also decided he's rather sit on the steps than in a chair. I think he could see better that way. He got a light spinner with Elmo on top and tried his first Sno cone. At one point during the show, he burst into tears. My niece said that Jameson was crying tears of joy seeing Elmo up close and personal. I like that!

I didn't take J to the show because I knew he'd freak out about the sound level. I wish I could take him to stuff like this. But, Daddy and I took him to see The Wiggles when he was two, so now it was Jameson's turn to see a show at two.

After the show, Daddy and Jackson picked us up and we drove to Randy's parent's house to stay for the weekend. The boys were super excited to hang out at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Mommy and Daddy even got a night out with no kids. That doesn't happen very often at all!

On Saturday, it was 52 degrees outside, so we went for a drive. The boys sat on the lap of an unusual looking Santa at Walmart, they tore through the toy aisle, making it very clear what they neeeeeeded for Christmas. We then headed to a cool park with lots of swings, slides and things to climb on. Amazing that it was warm enough to spend the day at a park after Thanksgiving!

Since the hospitalization last week, J's nose has been running like a faucet. My niece gave me a pack of "Boogie Wipes." These are saline wipes for runny noses. Awesome invention! We used up the pack she gave us and went to Walgreens to get more and they were on sale! Score!

We drove back last night and now we're back to another fun-filled week of reality!

Object du Jour: All the flags at Grandma and Grandpa's. J loves the flag night light and flags on a stick. He also loves the battery operated candles. Fun stuff. This morning the Fisher Price catalog is a big hit!

No comments: