11.05.2009

Mirror mirror on the wall...

More errands today. First we went to Tarjay to get junk. It seems like we run out of everything at the same time. We were in the store for 2 minutes and Jameson lost his "kiki." This is a strip of Mickey Mouse fleece fabric that was leftover from the blanket I made for a friend's baby. I retraced our steps and didn't see it. At the end of the trip, I went to the service desk to ask if anyone turned it in. The woman said, "It's just a piece of fabric, right?" She disappears behind a wall and comes out with kiki pinched pinched between her thumb and forefinger at the very corner holding it as far from her body as she can. Not that I expected her to give it a snuggle and a kiss goodbye, but it wasn't contaminated. Sheesh!

Then we stopped to pick up the rectangle glasses. Fast 3 weeks, huh? I guess they sent the order to their lab by mistake, so they called and said we could get them. J allowed the lady at the store to put the glasses on him. He looked absolutely adorable in them. He turned to the woman and said, "Rectangle glasses look in mirror." Of course he needed to check out the handsomeness for himself! After a quick look in the mirror, that was it for the rectangle glasses. They have a band that goes behind his head and he's not so sure about that. We'll keep at it.

My parents came over to watch the blond tornado and J and I went over to the Special Needs Clinic at Children's. (I was told it's called Physical Med and Rehab, but that's not the case, I guess.) The dr. was really nice and we talked about J's muscles, tone, w-sitting, falling down, mottling and tons more. He thinks J is doing great and feels that we should do more therapy ball work with him and some more pool therapy. When I asked about the mottling, he told me he sees it quite a bit in kids with cerebral palsy and unfortunately, there's nothing to do but keep him warm and well-dressed. I was pleased that he felt things with J were going well; we don't always get to hear reassuring news. We'll go back in a year.

While J and I were going over the sky walk from the parking ramp to the hospital, he labelled all the EXIT signs. He does this every visit. J stopped when we got to the big HOSPITAL sign hanging from the ceiling. He pointed to it and said, "Says appointment." Whoa. Didn't see that one coming. This kid continues to amaze me every day. He must've heard me talking to my parents about his "appointment" and somehow that word stuck in his head.

Object du Jour: Bristle blocks. J can play with those for hours, especially the ones with the hole in the middle. Those are "windows."

No comments: