11.22.2009

Yet another night at the Chateau

J woke up last night at a little before two and was screaming, "Fix it mouth!" He was struggling to breathe with strider and a croupy cough. I quickly got dressed and scooped him up and ran to Children's. After a racemic epi and a round of steroids and many, many viewings of the same Blue's Clues tape, they let us come home around 8 am. The doctor gave me a script for steroids, so hopefully, we won't have to go back any time soon because out of 10 (!) ER visits for croup, this is only the second time we've gotten to come home without an admission. *knock wood*

I was really pleased with how well J did with everything this time. He accepted the mask with little fight and was content to watch Blue's Clues from the hospital bed, even with the pulse ox on his toe. I guess it is a little sad when ER visits become routine for a little guy.

He had a dirty diaper while we were there and I asked him if he needed a new diaper. He looked me right in the eye and said, "Take a look." J has really been throwing me for a loop lately with his vocabulary and sentences!

I got a good nap in when I got home (thanks honey!) and now the boys are down for a nap. I hope J sleeps because he was so crabby!

Object du Jour: Blue's Clues is always the cure for what ails ya!

No comments: