6.21.2009

And yet another reason why I won't shop Walgreens (Sorry Ed)

So, I stop at Walgreens today because for J's selenium the dosage is so small that I need teeny little syringes to get the correct dose. Walgreens gives us one, but the rubber stopper breaks after a few uses/washes.

I ask the girl behind the counter what I can do. She asks the pharmacist, who points over yonder and tells me to go look at the end of the aisle there might be something I can use "down there." Well, gee thanks for getting off your duff and showing me where they are. I look and they are all too large for the dose I need. I tell him this and he says "Well what have we been giving you, the needle syringes?" I didn't know what they were, but he shows me a syringe and pulls a needle off it it. Yep, that's what they've been giving to me. I asked what I could do to get something like that and he said, "What have you been doing to break these?" I told him the the selenium is sticky and the rubber stopper breaks off after a few uses. He said, "They are only for single use and I can't be giving these away gratis every time you break one and I can't afford to give you 30 of them. But, I guess you can have this one now that you made me open it." That was a little confusing. So, I'm only supposed to be using it one time, I can't get anymore from them even if I pay for them, but how dare I break it after a few uses? How am I supposed to give these meds to J without a measuring utensil? And, I didn't make him do anything.

I asked what I should do; I was in no way asking for 30 of them, or even anything for free. I was hoping that there was something reusable I could buy; I hate throwing all that plastic away. He said he couldn't help me and that I should have my doctor write a script for them. But then he says even if I have a script he still can't help me. Huh?

His tone was so rude and so condescending that I burst into tears as soon as I got into the car. Randy went back in and talked to him and he was just as rude. We're planning on writing a letter to someone at Walgreens. After the great Elecare debacle of ought seven, there's no way I'm letting this one slide.

My plan is now talk to the people that bring J's g-tube supplies and see if they have some way to help me.

End rant.

No comments: