6.16.2009

Oh, for Pete's Sake

Jackson was very insistent that I find "Pete's Sake" in his toy box and then became very upset when I couldn't find it. Daddy uses this phrase a bunch, that's the only place I can think of that he heard it. I ended up telling him that Pete's Sake got lost. He accepted that. I didn't know how else to explain it to him.

Every time J bumps himself or falls down, he tells me he pinched his fingers and needs a Bamdaid. That must be from school, because we don't use a lot of Band-aids at home (thankfully!)

We had our first PINT clinic visit on Monday. The Dr. was very nice and asked us a bunch of questions about J's history and communication, social and gross motor skills. Some of the things she asked about reminded me of the things Jackson isn't doing. I try to focus on the positive stuff a majority of the time, but sometimes there's a trigger that makes me realize how much he isn't doing. Next Monday, J and Daddy will meet with the Dr.

The Dr. asked if J knows his name or how old he is or if he knows if he is a boy or girl. He doesn't readily answer direct questions, so I've been practicing these with him. I'll say, "What's your name?" and the response I've been getting is, "Rectangle Ellen." I guess we need more practice.

Object du Jour: A piece of train track (it has to be the blue one) and my Pampered Chef "rectangle" measuring spoons.

No comments: