7.08.2009

Baby Steps

Today I have:

-made an appointment at The Wisconsin Early Autism Project (WEAP) for an eval on November 24th. (We're also on a waiting list for an earlier appt if there's a cancellation)

-called the county to get on the list for waiver funding.

-printed out the membership form for the Autism Society of SE WI and will mail it this afternoon.

-found out that our governor signed a mandate for insurance companies to pay for autism treatments on June 29th that should hopefully take effect Jan 1. *Fingers crossed*

-signed up for the Spa Day lottery through J's respite provider. Let's hope I finally win something, I can use that massage in the worst way!!

I'm trying to be proactive as possible and I think we're started in the right direction.

Thank you to those who have sent notes of support and good wishes. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it and need it right now. You people rock!

On a completely different note...I heard the horrible thump through the ceiling that I knew was coming: Jameson climbed out of his crib for the first time and whacked his cheek on something. He's got a nice red mark on his face. My little daredevil! ETA: So in the last half hour before bed, the child has bit his tongue enough to make it bleed, fallen off the couch and been pushed by his brother into a chair. Sheesh, let's hope tomorrow is less catastrophic.

Object du Jour: A plastic Halloween pumpkin, the kind to carry candy in. I'm on the phone with WEAP and J is yelling, "pummmmpkin!" He dragged me to the closet, I opened the door and he pointed to the pumpkin. How he remembered it was in there, I have no clue. He likes to sit on the floor and shine a flashlight through the orange plastic.

No comments: