7.17.2009

Wheeee!

So, there are days I think, "I won't blog today, I can't think of anything to write about." Today was one of those days until about 90 minutes ago. In the span of 30 minutes, Jameson locked himself in the downstairs bathroom, Jackson smashed his hand in the silverware drawer and I blasted myself in the head and pretty much half of the kitchen with half a bottle of Raspberry Vinaigrette.

Randy came out of the bathroom, didn't realize Jameson went in behind him and click, there goes the lock. Our house is really old and the lock needs a skeleton key, which we don't have. (Which we will now be purchasing at our earliest convenience.)Thank our lucky stars the window was open. Randy pulled the car up next to the window and climbed in. Oh how I wish I had my camera, legs everywhere! Jameson is in the bathroom, happy as a clam chattering to himself and playing with the doorstop. I'm outside the door yelling, "I'll give you a cookie if you unlock this door!" Not my proudest mom moment.

We all head into the kitchen to make salads for lunch. Daddy grabs a fork out of the drawer and doesn't realize Jackson has reached in for something. Ouch! He's OK, but keeps telling me, "The rectangle pinched my fingers." Poor kiddo.

THEN, everyone has finally cleared out of the kitchen, I make my salad and shake the bottle of dressing, not realizing the lid is not on tight. Man, that stuff can fly. My hair and clothes were soaked, the floor, counter, microwave and wall are covered in pink goo. It's not easy to clean up an oily mess.

Now, I'm finally eating my salad, typing this up while the boys watch the Car Wash again. I'll get to wash the gunk out of my hair once Randy is done with his work call.

I think it's best we don't leave the house today, but on the bright side, I smell pretty yummy.

Object du Jour: A Star Trek flashlight that came out of the cereal.

No comments: