7.29.2009

Yikes!

Have you ever heard a sound that made your stomach bottom out? Last night, I put the boys to bed and sat down to watch TV. I heard a crash and went flying up the stairs 4 at a time. Jackson decided to get out of bed, while hooked to the pump. The pole and bag were on the ground and he's halfway out the door trailing the tubing behind him, giving me a "what's your problem" look. I always make sure to double over tape on the tubing and pin it to his PJ's for this very reason. I'm terrified he's going to pull the whole MIC-key button out of his belly. If he does, we have to go to the ER to get it looked it and make sure there's no damage. He's never tried this before and I always remind him not to get out of bed, but to call me if he needs something. Let's hope this is a one-time deal.

J had a good day in feeding therapy yesterday. He dipped his Club cracker sticks in jelly and ketchup and took bites without gagging or spitting too much out! Yay! He wasn't a fan of picking up the Mandarin Oranges though.

This morning, we went outside and painted with watercolors. The boys had fun and made some lovely masterpieces. Now the little guy is sleeping, so I can get to work around the house getting ready for J's birthday party on Saturday.

On a completely unrelated to anything note: Why the heck did the Babies R Us flyer that came yesterday have Halloween costumes in it? It's flipping July!

Object du Jour: J is making me draw toilets on the Magna Doodle. Fun.

No comments: