5.06.2009

Here's something I forgot to post...

I interviewed and was chosen this past January to serve a 3 year term on the Children's Hospital Family Advisory Panel. I'm so excited about this! There are 11 parents on the panel with staggered terms who work with varying hospital staff to give input on whatever they need us to. Specific huh? So far we've talked about health literacy and wording letters sent to parents on a level that everyone can understand and the new allergy-free menus for the patient towers. We meet every 5 weeks for subcommittee meetings and every 6 weeks for full panel meetings. It's been fascinating so far and I feel so honored to give back to the people who have helped J so much!

That along with being a Parent to Parent parent (ha!), speaking to and hosting students from local colleges, and being the WI rep for Unique has kept me pretty busy. J was given to me for a reason and I can only hope that I'm following the path I was meant to. I was a special education teacher for so long and while I liked it, I think I'm being pulled in other directions. Who knows what the future holds, but it's exciting!

Object du Jour: Still the orange toothbrush. Heaven forbid if we set it down somewhere and can't find it immediately (if not sooner!)

No comments: