5.20.2009

Sweet Potatoes!

You'd think I was trying to poison this kid with Sweet Potatoes that aren't of the Gerber variety. I bought a can of SWs (that's what we call them when we don't want J to know what we are talking about, because if he hears them mentioned and we don't have any in the cabinet, look out!) and brought some to feeding therapy yesterday. He dove right in and actually ate a few mashed up spoonfuls. So, for dinner yesterday I mashed a banana and for lunch today, more mashed up SWs. What a battle both meals! I did get him to eat a few bites of the banana with the promise of a Lightning McQueen graham cracker, but no luck with the SWs today. I'm going to keep plugging away. It seems that he'll try something at feeding a few times before he'll do it at home. (I'm not even going to mention the grape I asked him to pick up and put into my hand. Wow.)

J's Kettrike bike came today! We bought it with his family support money. I managed to get it put together (it has a cool tandem seat for Jameson, but I didn't put that on yet), Jameson is thrilled and Jackson wants nothing to do with it. Just as I figured. Jameson sat next to me at the ready with his plastic hammer in case he was called into action. (I still have a few screws left over, should I be concerned about that?) It's a great bike with a locking steering wheel and a push bar in the back. I'll post pics as soon as I can get J on it.

First outing for the water table and "big sink" as J calls it! It was super warm here today, so I got out the round water table and Step 2 sink. The sink is awesome, it has a faucet that really runs water. Jackson found a little yellow bucket that looks a little like a pitcher. He filled it with water from the faucet and said, "coffee!" He knows his mama! The boys had a lot of fun outside. Now everyone is tired and crabby, but it was worth it!

Object du Jour: Little Playskool race cars that Jackson got from Aunt Donna. He's been calling them "lawn mowers" and pretends to mow the carpet.

No comments: